The results of our informal poll about Laurier’s failure to be approved for a Milton Campus are in (see “WLUFA Members mainly happy that Milton was denied”), but the results were certainly not one-sided. The Advocate Blog welcomes you to continue the conversation about this topic in the comments section below. Some questions to consider are:
- Why do you think there was opposition to the Milton campus?
- If the proposal is accepted in the near future, as many believe it will be, what effect do you think that will have on Laurier? On faculty? On students?
- How would an additional campus affect Laurier’s future in terms of enrollment? Reputation? Financial situation?
- How does a campus in Milton affect our Brantford or Kitchener campuses?
- How might multiple campuses affect contract faculty?
- Do you think that Laurier can even manage a Milton campus?
- Can Milton support a university campus?
Please feel free to respond to these questions or to add your own questions or comments below.